Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Product Review: Ulta Dual Action Cleansing System



So, as luck would have it, I've gotten a little older.

When I was a teenager, I had some acne and it turned into cystic acne in my early 20's.  It wasn't HORRIBLE, but it was bad enough...bad enough that I still have scarring 10-15 years later.  So, I used proactive, got it cleared up, and never really paid much attention to my skin after that.  I would wash it, and occasionally moisturize it, then pack on the make up, and then wonder why my pores looked like canyons, especially around my nose.

As time wore on, my pores bothered me more and more.  Now in my mid-30s, I do get the occasional acne, but nothing too serious.  But my pores...UGH...just awful.

I had seen commercials for the Clarisonic Skin cleansing system and got pretty excited, until I saw the price.  Depending on the model you get, you can spend between $100 and $225 or more on these things.  That's a lot of cash for someone who isn't used to caring for their skin...who is also a mother of 4, whose family depends on a single income.  (Now, to be perfectly fair, I haven't tried the Clarisonic line, so maybe it is worth every penny. But...I like my pennies...alot.)

So, I put my late-to-the-skin-care-party dreams on hold, and simply began washing my face a little more and, thanks to my wonderful subscription boxes, have been using Pur-lisse moisturizers for a couple of months.  (LOVE them!!)

Fast forward to last week, and I had run out of foundation, so I hopped on to Ulta.com to order some. (I really like Urban Decay Naked Skin for my foundation...and no one sells it in my small/in-the-middle-of-nowhere town.)  While there, I somehow came across Ulta's Dual Action Cleansing system.  It's along the same lines as the Clarisonic system, but...only $25!!  THAT I can totally do, I thought to myself, so I ordered one.


 Finally, after waiting for a week, it came in.  I gave it a try last night using L'Oreal Revitalift Cream Cleanser (also purchased from Ulta).

L'Oreal Revitalift Cream Cleanser ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Girls, LET ME TELL YOU....I am in love with both of these products.  Following the directions on the box, I wet my face (I didn't wear any make up yesterday, so that was all I needed to do), applied some of the L'Oreal Revitalift Cleanser and turned on the Ulta Cleansing system.  


Ulta Dual Action Cleansing System ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


Using the Ulta Cleansing system, I scrubbed my face for about 90 seconds.  The bristles don't hurt, but it's a little more rough than just using a wash cloth.  (I am also a redhead with very fair skin, thats also a little on the sensitive side, so maybe it felt rougher to me than it would to any of you?) I have to admit, I might have had a little too much fun, and giggled a little to much as I made a beard with all the foam, but...there is also a part of me that will never grow up.

Turned off the system and rinsed it, then rinsed my face.  INSTANTLY, many of the pores on my nose had disappeared.  No kidding!!  Now, there are still some visible pores, especially on the side of my nose that are visible, but they are also the largest ones, and as it was my first time using this product, I wasn't expecting full miracles.  But to see a noticeable difference after the first try was amazing!  

Patted the skin dry and applied my Pur-Lisse Moisturizer, and my skin felt as soft as baby skin.  I wasn't overly dry, but there was no oil slick either. Clean, smooth soft skin. I was so excited by the results, I rushed into the living room and made my husband stare at my nose and look at my pores.  Even he was impressed.

Again, I have not tried any of the other face scrubbing units, so I can't honestly say if it's comparable to other brands.  The Ulta brand is my first one, but it surely knocked it out of the park!  I can't wait to see what my skin looks like in 30 days!

All in all, I give both the Ulta Dual Cleansing System and the L'Oreal Reviatalift Cleanser two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Until next time,
XOXO
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

);