Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

May Birch Box!!!


Birchbox hasn't disappointed me yet!  Let's see what was given to us in May!

This month, I wasn't blown away.  The box wasn't bad, but...well, it wasn't my favorite.  But hey, no one can knock it out of the park every time, right? Let's get to it.

Nexxus Color Assure shampoo, conditioner and primer★★

Let's rip the band-aid off and get to my least favorite part.  I wanted to like this shampoo, I really did. But I didn't.  The primer is something you are supposed to put on your hair before you shower, I believe to protect it from the heat of your shower.  Um, okay?  Did that.  The shampoo - I needed more.  I have a lot of hair, even as it's shorter, and the sample size was smaller than it appears to be.  And the conditioner...ehhhh?  Wasn't impressed.  My hair didn't feel right afterward. I think I will stick with my Redken.

Gilchrist & Soames Body Lotion★★★

This body lotion was okay.  I didn't feel it was any more special than any other lotion.  The scent was so-so.  I will use it, but I won't go out of my way to purchase it.  

Pix! Shea Butter Lip Balm★★★★

Great lip balm!!  Definitely going to use this one all up.  Lips feel soft and silky and with that yummy shea butter smell/taste.  Awesome

32 Effervescent Breath Treatment★★★

One I haven't tried yet...and I can't guarantee that I will.  You are supposed to drop this in to your mouth and let it fizz up, and it is supposed to kill bad breath.  I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.  If I do, I will update this review later.

Whish Shave Cream★★★★

This is a thick, creamy shave cream as it comes out.  I used it sparingly, in a thin, almost invisible layer, and it was still great!  Smelled great, too...and while I can't quite pick out exactly why that's important, because no one but the dogs walk around smelling my legs.  BUT a great smell just makes it better. Right?  Loved this over my whatever-brand-i-grab-at-Walmart usual pick.  Will hunt this down and buy!

And that's it!!  The lip balm and shaving cream saved this box for me...wasn't overly impressed with everything else.  Oh well. BirchBox June should be here in a few days, and I look forward to reviewing that one...ON TIME...

Until next time,
XOXO
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

);